Sprinkler System Design
S&S Sprinkling Systems, Inc. will provide a step-by-step process of designing a professional-quality irrigation system. We use the most up-to-date: water saving sprinkler heads, automatic valves, controllers/timers with the basic hydraulics that apply to watering systems. We will design an installation plan for your sprinkler system and drip watering systems. We can design plans for new homes, established lawns, and commercial buildings. All of our systems are designed for head to head coverage to guarantee no dry spots and 100% coverage. Every product installed in your irrigation system is under warranty for a minimum of three years.
Maintaining a improperly designed sprinkler system can be a real drag so before S&S Sprinkling Systems begins, we take the time to make sure you actually need an underground sprinkler system. Then we take everything into consideration when designing your sprinkler system. These include:
- Arc of the spray – We are careful to make sure conditions will allow for the most thorough coverage from head to head without blowing away or evaporating a portion of the water when being sprayed.
- Type of Grass – Type of grass in your lawn is critical in determining your irrigation needs and some grass requires more water while some less, we’re experts at underground irrigation so you can have the peace-of-mind knowing that the volume of water will match the needs of your lawn without overdoing it.
- Soil Type – Like the type of grass, the soil conditions are also important before we start designing your underground irrigation system. Sandy soils will absorb water much quicker than clay ground and if supply more water than your soil can absorb, there will be excess run-off.
- Building Permit – Some localities may require a building permit before installing a sprinkler system. Doug at S&S Sprinkling Systems will let you know if a permit is needed and where to secure it.
- Underground Utilities – Checking for underground utilities before digging is the law. We’re experienced with this and we’ll make sure to check this for you before we start digging or installing your underground sprinkler system.
- Local Ordinances – Some municipalities have ordinances on watering and in west Michigan, our sprinkling company is familiar with most of them and will advise you accordingly.
Once we’ve checked on everything above, we then come up with:
- Water meter size based on the municipal system or well pump volume.
- Sprinkler service line size.
- Flow rate of the water needed to provide your sprinkling needs.
- Backflow prevention based upon the local building codes in your area.
After we have all this necessary stuff in order, we’ll begin to design your sprinkler system or underground irrigation system. We’ll design a plan that will fit your needs and your budget without going overboard or delivering too much water creating runoff problems.
For the do-it-yourself homeowner that want’s to save a bit of money on installation, once we design your system we’ll provide a list of parts you’ll need and can even provide your entire system for you. We’ll drop a job trailer off at your location and you’re ready to start installing your sprinkler system.
Feel free to contact S&S Sprinkling Systems for more information.